The Butterfly Dash and Bash, formerly The Butterfly Fund 5k, represents an exciting partnership between the Butterfly Fund family and East Tennessee Children’s Hospital (ETCH). All proceeds and donations from this new event will directly benefit the Pediatric Oncology Clinic and the Pain & Palliative Care Program at ETCH. With this new partnership comes along a few changes. In addition to a new name, the event is changing locations to a new course beginning and ending at World’s Fair Park and runs by cheering patients at ETCH, will include a 10k, and includes a burger festival (The Burger Bash) that begins shortly after the race. The Burger Bash is a new festival being organized by a group of volunteers in support of ETCH. Race participants will be eligible for discounted tickets to the festival if purchased at the time of race registration.
Thank you so much for your previous support of the Butterfly Fund and the fight against childhood cancer. We hope you can join us as we transition this event to East Tennessee Children’s Hospital and strive to make even greater strides in the lives of families battling childhood cancer and other serious conditions.
The Butterfly Fund Family
Registration: Early Registration lasts until August 5, 2017. Early registration fees are $30/$25 (10K/5K) for adults and $20/$15 (10K/5K) for children 12 and under. Late registration fees increase $5.
No T-Shirt Option: Deduct $2 if you do not wish to receive a race t-shirt.
Pre-Registration Packet Pickup: Team packet pickup will be at Homewood Suites in Turkey Creek on Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 10am-2pm.
Individual packet pickup will be on Wednesday & Thursday, August 9th and 10th, between 11am and 6pm at Fleet Feet in Turkey Creek.
Click the button below to register online.
Thanks for supporting The Butterfly Fund
in the fight against childhood cancer!
Click the images below to view or print
a manual Registration Form
Click the image below to view
or print the Race Map
- Start on top of Clinch Bridge
- Head west on clinch to 16th
- Turn left onto 16th
- Turn right onto white avenue
- Take White avenue all the way down to the end of white and then back onto 22nd
- Turn left on 22nd head north to Laurel Avenue
- Turn left on Laurel Avenue
- Turn right on South 23rd st
- Follow along to grand Avenue
- Take grand avenue to 17th
- Turn left on 17th
- Turn right on Grand into World’s Fair Park to finish the race
- Instead of following World’s Fair Park to finish the race, the 10k will turn right on
- World’s Fair Park Drive
- Turn right onto 11th street
- Turn right onto Highland
- Turn left onto James Agee
- Turn left onto Laurel
- Turn right onto 11th
- Turn right onto Clinch and then loop the 5k course again.